As I get older (turning 20 tomorrow) I find I care less about objects and "stuff". The objects I do care about are usually visual...

What do you care about?

11:23 AM Sharon 0 Comments

As I get older (turning 20 tomorrow) I find I care less about objects and "stuff". The objects I do care about are usually visually beautiful, exceptionally functional (like my iPod) or have sentimental value. 

As I type this, I see a cardboard box filled with mine and my sister's old art and school work and know that what fills the box - the content's end is nearby. My parents have been urging me to get rid of the "stuff" taking up space in our basement. But somehow those pieces of paper give me happiness, even if they are not every day items I go through or use. The tattered yellow notebooks of drawings remind me of my childhood and it's something that I cannot replace.

What are things or objects in your life that you care about? or what are things you don't care so much about?

A little list I found on HELLO my name is BLOG. It reminded me of the infamous question: "Why are you telling this to me now?" and "Why do I care?" or don't care in this case.


1. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … how good you are.
They care how good you’re going to help them become.

2. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … what you’ve done.
They care what you’ve learned, and how those lessons can help them.

3. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … what you can’t do.
They care what you CAN do.

4. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … what they hear you say.
They care what they SEE you DO.

5. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … what you do for a living.
They care what you’re passionate about.

6. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … if you’re having a bad day.
They care how you’re going to help them have a better day.

7. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … about price.
They care about value, convenience and risk.

8. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … about your company.
They care about the problems your company can solve.

9. PEOPLE DON’T CARE … about being apologized to.
They care about answers, solutions and resolutions.

0 comments: