One of my friends introduced this band to me a couple years ago. At first, I wasn't interested in listening to an all-girl band play mus...

Band #5: The Paps

8:34 PM Sharon 2 Comments

One of my friends introduced this band to me a couple years ago. At first, I wasn't interested in listening to an all-girl band play music, perhaps because I never heard any 'good' female voices out there. But The Paps really opened my eyes to some wonderful talented music. Their tunes are like the Go-Go's crossed over with Blondie.

The band was first formed in 2002 by the Dunlop sisters and bassist Axelsson, when all three girls were in Grade 7. (talk about talent) The band is from Gimi, Manitoba and consists of Terra Stevenson, fraternal twin sisters Jodi Dunlop and Jordan Dunlop and Fiona Axelsson.

Members:
Vocals - Terra Stevenson
Jodi Dunlop - Drums
Jordan Dunlop - Guitars
Fiona Axelsson-  Bass

Although, I haven't seen any recent activity on their Facebook page, they still have their music on their Myspace page. (yay!)

But I'm really diggin' these two tunes at the moment:





Listen to more of their music on their Myspace

2 comments: