Tuesday, January 18, 2011: With this morning's chilly weather. I was the lucky one to have my bus stall on the way to school. So, ther...

The Winnipeg cold!

7:42 PM Sharon 0 Comments

Tuesday, January 18, 2011:

With this morning's chilly weather. I was the lucky one to have my bus stall on the way to school. So, there I was sitting on the bus looking out the window when I glanced over to the front of the bus and I saw smoke coming out of the engine. Uh oh...that's a no no. 

Read more comics at : http://xkcd.com/
Instantly, I tensed up. I have a fear of things exploding. For some odd reason, I think it'll explode when things go wrong (anything dealing with engines anyway). I had a little panic attack, and it didn't help when the bus driver tried to restart the engine. EXPLODE! was what was repeating over and over in my head.

Passengers on the bus were shaking their heads as they all started to get up to exit the bus, some frantically even. Many passengers bolted off the bus to try for a successful attempt on flagging down another bus before they were engulfed by the cold wind.

Luckily for me (or not?) I was 15 minutes away from the college and had to walk in the -39 weather. At least I had all my winter gear in place to keep me semi-warm. But I felt bad for abandoning the really nice bus driver.

Funny enough, a couple days later (today) my bus stalled again. I didn't panic this time. Everything was okay.

Speaking of being afraid of things. Here is my list of phobias:

Atomosophobia- Fear of atomic explosions
Autodysomophobia- Fear of one that has a vile odor
Automysophobia- Fear of being dirty
Bogyphobia- Fear of bogeys or the bogeyman
Entomophobia- Fear of insects.
Herpetophobia- Fear of reptiles or creepy, crawly thing

and some random phobias that I found (are they for real?)
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666. (how would you even pronounce that phobia?)
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words. (Well, this isn't ironic at all)

Anyway, toodles y'all and remember to stay warm!
and avoid the Brrrrr ger King cold.


 

0 comments: