Hello folks, So as you all may have noticed - the stores, the streets, the shopping malls are much busier this time of year. It's beca...

Retail during the Christmas season

3:21 PM Sharon 0 Comments

Hello folks,

So as you all may have noticed - the stores, the streets, the shopping malls are much busier this time of year. It's because it's rounding up to to 'that' time of year again. Yes. That time of year. Christmas.

This is my favourite time of the year. I get to see my extended family members. I get to see my little cousins (and they get to see me)

The thing about working in retail is you have to deal with needy customers, cheery customers and especially, my favourite - the crabby customers.

I swore to myself that this month I will not get mad, nor will I get frustrated this Christmas season. I was doing so good this month on trying to keep a happy cheerful mood until this weekend. I blew it. I wasn't angry at the customer. But it was the affect of her treating me with disrespect that put me in a bad mood. The affect of her disrespect toward me, resulted in me coming home and starting an angry/annoyed attitude 'wave'. The little things that wouldn't bug me, I would get worked up about. Which that, would result in very angry Asian parents. Lesson learned. Work issues, stay at work. Home issues, stay at home. And school issues, stay at school.

I think people should really try to keep their moods in good spirits because isn't that what Christmas is about? When did Christmas become a shopping war with people trying to get 'the' or 'theee' Christmas present? What ever happened to just family time?

0 comments: