Once upon a mid-day spring, there was a fifteen year old fair maiden named Lady Sydelle. There also lived a young lord whose name was Joseph...

Creative Writing Blog Assignment: Efflorescence of Romance

9:54 PM Sharon 0 Comments

Once upon a mid-day spring, there was a fifteen year old fair maiden named Lady Sydelle. There also lived a young lord whose name was Joseph whom Sydelle did not know until May 26th of 1527. The two met at an annual fair and became immediate friends and soon they became lovers. Their love blossomed into a divine flower, but like a flower, their love began to wilt.
Photo By: Natalie Nesser (my favourite photographer)


Eight months of being a couple, their relationship began its’ rocky path. Lord Joseph could not put up being lectured by Sydelle about his late nights with his friends and Lady Sydelle could not bear Joseph’s immature behavior. The two were drifting apart. One day, Sydelle walked into his bedroom to find Joseph and another lady embracing.
Sydelle spoke. “I deemed you loved me.”
“Sydelle, it is not what you think,” responded Joseph.
“You are not the same person I had once loved,” Sydelle pointed out. Tears stained her face like blood on a knight’s sword.  
“I think we need some time for ourselves,” she stated.
“Wait! Sydelle, let me explain!” cried Joseph.
Sydelle took off running.
Several weeks had passed and Sydelle could not bear the emptiness she felt. She still had emotions for Joseph. She longed for him and she longed for his affection. Sydelle decided that she would give him another chance and began to make her way to his castle.
“Joseph, I am sorry, but I have missed you,” Sydelle spoke softly.
“Sydelle, you did not let me explain. I swear that lady you saw me with, she was in love with me. You are my one and only,” explained Joseph, “I am sorry if it felt like we were drifting apart, but sometimes I cannot stand you.”
“You should speak, you infuriate me all the time,” Sydelle answered with a smile.
Joseph whispered in her ear. “Cupids’ arrow is the arrow that hit me when I met you. I love you now and forever.”
Love is like a flower; it may wane and die but every spring there will always be a new flower. The same flower a new life. The same couple a new love.

0 comments: