Taking Winnipeg Transit home isn't always a bad thing, you get to observe your surroundings and get to know a lot of regulars on the bus...

Kids being kids

5:38 PM Sharon 1 Comments

Taking Winnipeg Transit home isn't always a bad thing, you get to observe your surroundings and get to know a lot of regulars on the bus, not intimately, but you know, just that they're there. My bus passes a lot of schools (as I'm sure many do) but two schools that I went to - junior high and high school. But every time the bus passes the schools, I get a flash back of memories, usually good, and some not so great.

So I'm sitting at the back of the bus - being quiet and minding my own business, until I see a swarm of high school students getting on the bus and they were the loud, chatty type. They piped down when they found their seats then silence.

Next stop: The junior high students, and they're even louder than the high school students. So I'm watching these kids, walk to the back of the bus then back to the front of the bus, back to the back and back to the front,to and fro and to and fro. And they're just giggling away.

The sound of the junior high students laughter and chatter immediately reminded of my junior high school field trips to the Manitoba of Man and Nature, or to Oak Hammock Marsh. When I finally realized, it's nice to see kids just being kids, not caring about the world and just being silly.

But heck, they were annoying to listen to. In that tiny moment I was so happy that I wasn't a kid anymore. But even then, I don't think I was so annoying.

1 comment: