September 18, 2010: I was walking the streets on Wardlaw Avenue to the Crescent Fort Rouge United Church during the cool Saturday evening....

Panic Land with Seventh Appeal and Gates @ Crescent Fort Rouge United Church

8:56 PM Sharon 1 Comments

September 18, 2010:

I was walking the streets on Wardlaw Avenue to the Crescent Fort Rouge United Church during the cool Saturday evening. I reached the outside doors of the church and instantly felt the vibrations coming from the amps. I heard the drums being pounded on and the crash cymbals ringing at an unknown decibel.

The first band to open was Seventh Appeal. An alternative rock, all-girl band from Winnipeg. It was actually quite refreshing to hear a female band play. The vocals needed a little work during the beginning, but after the singer got her voice warmed up. She was up to par. The music and flow was great. The band played a few covers from Three Days Grace, The Used, and Billy Talent.

River Below (Billy Talent Cover) @ CFR - Seventh Appeal


Check out their Facebook page.
Seventh Appeal Facebook

The next band to play was Gates, a hardcore rock group from Winnipeg. They totally blew the audience away with their fast pace music and screaming vocals. A group of fans were really into their music and started head banging along to their songs. Although the music isn't my type, the band played well as a group.

(Sorry, I couldn't find a video for this group)
Check out their Myspace page.
Gates Myspace

Lastly, the headlining band: Panic Land took the stage. I am really impressed by this band every time I see them live. They write their own songs and write their own music. They have surpassed my expectations for a local unsigned band. The group puts together quite an entertaining performance with their energetic pop punk power chords and melodic vocals. The stage presence is there and they really come together as a band.

Dwelling @CFR - Panic Land


Check out their Myspace page.
Panic Land

1 comment:

  1. I used to live on Wardlaw. The blinds at the Pullmer apartments? My handiwork.

    ReplyDelete