I just received my voters notice in the mail today. I was actually excited as it is going to be my first time voting. Not to mention about 1...

Mayoral Forum @ RRC. Now this is: Epic nonsense

10:28 PM Sharon 2 Comments

I just received my voters notice in the mail today. I was actually excited as it is going to be my first time voting. Not to mention about 12 hours ago, I also witnessed a yelling match in the cafeteria of Red River College.

The competitors: Sam Katz Versus Judy Wasylycia-Leis *ding ding*

Oh wait a second, it was a a mayoral debate, not a yelling match...or was it?
The debate reminded me of how my parents are like when they argue: They're competing for loudness.

This morning, Sam Katz and Judy Wasylycia-Leis heated things off with the hot topic: crime in Winnipeg. Both support the idea of putting more police officers on the streets, but other than that it was dispute after dispute. No wonder there are little changes being seen in the city. Candidates are too busy yelling at each other than bringing the action forward. Isn't that how it works in the House of Commons too? No order what-so-ever.

Richard Cloutier of CJOB did a fine job of moderating the event, providing the audience and listeners with good laughs and humour. Cloutier also repeatingly asked Sam Katz and Judy Wasylycia-Leis if they supported a curfew for youths. Both candidates did not support the idea.

Neither would I. I think youths would probably rebel more if the city had a youth curfew. I mean, if I was still a youth. I would. (I can still pass as a youth...just maybe)

As to who gets my vote, I am still undecided.

2 comments:

  1. "The debate reminded me of how my parents are like when they argue."
    If Judy is "Mom," does that make Sam "Dad"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you've linked to my YouTube feed. You rule!!!

    ReplyDelete